Tuesday 30 April 2013

Saving the environment one pacer at a time!

So here's something that frustrates me folks.....two units on out of peak services and no corridor connection.

I've just done a full round trip and watched all the fare dodgers walk into the front two coaches and get away with not paying. What can I do about it? Nothing because our procedures (unlike other TOC's state that we have to close the doors from the rear of the back unit 'for safety reasons' and we are not permitted to unit hop into the front set and work it from there. (Some exceptions apply, like curved platforms).

All perfectly fine in other TOC's but not for us!
Why we can't leave units spare at stations or even in the large sets of carrage sidings we lease I'll never know!
I that my friends is what's getting my goat today!

The Guard!



3 comments:

  1. Never tempted to take a gamble and screw the rules and hop into the front train to catch a few fare dodgers? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how great that temptation is. But it's a pretty serious thing if you get caught!

    I moan about it every time I have a ride out with a manager but this rule comes from far above our local management!

    You'd get called 'ticket mad' for that sort of thing in our depot but I genuinely hate seeing fare dodgers day in day out when the vast majority are paying through their noses already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the trouble I suppose. The managers at the very top are too busy watching their arses with health and safety rules. Maybe they should put a bit more thought into collecting revenue. Just a thought :P

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete